Chat Box

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SnAcK TiMe

You know I used to like to have snacks. I had snacks when I was reading. I had snacks when I was watching tv. I had snacks when I was playing games. I had snacks when I was chatting and gossiping. I had snacks at the classroom, behind my lecturers back haha... I love it when I had the chance to have a snack. What kind of snacks? Any kinds of chips, my favorite! I could eat 2 packs of chips in 30 minutes. Thats because I ate 3-5 chips at a time. And it got me too much weight... I guess it happens to most of us. I tried to solve the problem by eating just 1 chip at a time, eating it slower than usual.... but I seemed to always want more amount in my mouth. Maybe because the chips are thin eventhough it makes them crunchier. I thought, "Maybe I need a thicker but crunchy snacks, with smaller size..." Why did I think like that? Because a smaller and thicker one would keep my mouth busy before I take the next piece.... hmm... isn't it a good idea? ="D

A couple of days ago, my sister bought this small packed of snack. It was just exactly like I wanted.. and needed. They are crunchy, small, and thick! I found out that they are Fried Maccaronies! I don't know if you ever eat one... but my sister said, "You just knew it know?! We have these for ages!" Well... hehehe... I just thought that maccaroni is only used for pasta, but fried?!

So, I tried to look up how to make ones. Apparantly it's easy! ="p

Fried Maccaronies

Ingredients:

500gr of maccaroni

2,5 litre of water

salt as desired

1 tablespoon of butter

cooking oil


How to make:
1. Boil the water, add salt and butter.
2. Boil the maccaroni for about 10 minutes.... or until the maccaronies are double in size.
3. Strain and drain the boiled maccaronies.
4. Dry the maccaronies under the sun for about 2-4 hours. If the sun is bright, 2 hours is ok. But if you want it more quick, you can use the oven for about 10-15 minutes at 120C... or until the shape and color looks like when the maccaronies before boiled.
5. After the drying, fry the maccaronies in cooking oil until they form brownish color.
6. After the frying, you can spead the maccaronies with cheese powder or chilli powder.

Yayyy.... now I have a safe and fun snacks ^_^

2 comments:

Unknown

wah gotta try this... di rumah banyak maccaronies niih.

Licu

hehe.. oh yah maccaroniesnya direbusnya sampe beukah yah ko =")

It's all about FOOD, RECIPES, and LIFE STYLE!!   © 2009. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP