Chat Box

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

FreSh BrOwniEs

How many of you bloggers that like to have chocolate brownies? I lovee it!! My mom makes the best brownie I've ever eaten. And I love the feeling when I take a second break to taste it melts in my mouth. As far as I know you can keep brownies at room temperature for 5 days, and some even more. But the problem is, the more you keep it in room temperature, the skin gets hard each day. And it would just ruin the sensation. I would just put it in the refrigerator but sometimes it is nicer to have a fresh sensation in my mouth, and you can't make new brownies everyday.

So for you brownies lovers too, I have this great tips that I just read from this culinare newspaper KOKI, that I get every 2 weeks. It is said that if you want to keep the brownies fresh, try to put the brownies in a closed container along with a slice of bread.

I will try to give an explanation for this. When you put the brownies outside a container at the room temperature, the surrounding air will absorb the water content inside the brownies (to reach a balance humidity). The first layer that absorbed is the brownies' skin. So that's why the skin might get hard easily. The bread, in the other hand, has more water content than brownies. So when the brownies are put along with the bread, the air will be more easily absorb the water content from the bread, instead the brownie. And then, through the absorbing process, the air inside the container will have higher humidity to keep the brownies fresh.

But then again, that's just my own theory. If you think you have other theory, be pleased to write me a comment ^_^

0 comments:

It's all about FOOD, RECIPES, and LIFE STYLE!!   © 2009. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP