Chat Box

Monday, March 16, 2009

CRaVInG 4 ITALiAN PiZzA

Pizza... pizza... pizza...!! I love pizzas yummm... :)

I think most people like pizza. Bless are those people who invented pizza LOL. I had my first pizza when I was at about 6th grade. Pizza Hut was just came in to our city that time. So it was a bit booming. I loved the taste so much. Moreover, it's all about the "europian food" thing. And the price was quite affordable for a europian food. But since then and until the real Italian Pizza arrived in our land, I never knew the real sensation of eating the original Pizza. Was quite late for someone like me I admit, I tasted my first Italian pizza 2 years ago in Bali. It was so unique, and I love the smell of it. And the thin and crunchy bread just make it perfect. Since then I always want to have a chance to make one my self. And I just got that chance yesterday.


The problem for original Italian pizza here are the basic ingredients. They are not commonly sold here. I had to explore most of the supermarkets in my city to find oreganos and basils. I still haven't found the Semolina flour yet :( And the price for a small bottle of dried oregano was quite making me choked. But well, it's all for the experience :D


I was really amazed with those pizza chefs. They are really talented and well trained with the doughs. When I was trying to round the dough with my roller, I was a bit stressed. Because the dough must be very thin and round. Whereas, it was hard to make them round and thin without ripping the dough :#
So, you know what? I found a trick :p I put the un-round yet dough on the pizza pan, and leave the side part still a bit thick, so I can spread the dough with my fingers. LOL! Well at least they came out round enough :p




I used the recipe from the Chef Maestro, and it was really good actually. I just followed as it said, especially the pizza sauce, ohhh they came out really good!! :D I am glad there are leftover sauce that I can put in the fridge for more and more pizza :)

The pizza was done about 5 pm yesterday, and I made 2 medium pans of them. My dad just bought some new dvd movies, so me, mom and dad had our relaxing time watching those movies accompanied by the pizzas :) I am really happy that my parents said they are delicious. Actually they are my parents' first Italian pizza to taste, so they are quite happy about it :) Next time, I want to take them to this Italian Pizza resto cafe where me and my boyfriend used to go. I think it was not much different with the ones I made LOL. Oh please, it's ok to cheer my self sometimes right? Hehe. But yeah you should try the recipe, they are good and worth to try :)

Tommorow I am planning of making them again, since I will have this barbeque time with my friends. I can't wait until they taste my handmade pizza and listen to their oppinion hohoho :p

0 comments:

It's all about FOOD, RECIPES, and LIFE STYLE!!   © 2009. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP