Chat Box

Saturday, March 21, 2009

NoOdLes ScHoTeL ala Licu

After making the Italian Pizza earlier this week, I still have some mozzarella cheese leftovers. Instead of making another pizza, which would be a little boring for the week :p I been thinking other dish that is easy and simple to make. What firstly came in my mind was Schotel :D


Basically, Schotel is made with maccaronies, milk and eggs. Well, with the addition of this and that such as onions, garlics and meat products. But because there aren't any maccaronies in the kitchen, so I was thinking of something else as a substitute. My dad bought 3 packs of dried noodles 2 days ago, so I thought I am going to use one of them :)

This modified Schotel actually uses the same way as to make Maccaronies Schotel. I even boil the noodles first, just like we need to boil the maccaronies.

About last month, I watched this television network, and saw this famous chef from Indonesia, William Wongso. He's very good, many people say. He has this calm style when cooking, makes you relax. I have been waiting forward of watching him on tv, and I was so lucky he was performing Cabbage Maccaroni Schotel. He was making the schotel with the addition of cabbages. But one thing really interesting is that I just knew that the schotel would have a more tempting aroma if you saute the maccaronies first along with the onions and garlic. So, I was also following William's instruction. And, he's right, the Noodles Schotel I made has such a tempting aroma. Plus, I also sprinkled some dried oregano on top of the mozzarelas.

Another thing about Noodles Schotel is that it tastes like a mixture between east and west haha.
Anyway, for the Noodles Schotel ala Licu here's the recipe.... :)

Ingredients :
1 pack of dried noodles
500 ml of milk
2 eggs
3 sausages (or you can use smoked beef)
1 small carrots (cut in really really small dices)
3 cloves of garlics (chopped)
1/2 of large onions (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
mozzarella and cheddar cheese (both grated, the amount is up to you :))
dried oregano for sprinkles
1 tablespoon of margarine for sauteing

How to make:

  1. Boil the noodles for about 10 minutes or until it is a bit soft. Whilst, you can chop the onions and garlics and also make preparations for the other ingredients. Cut the carrots into small dices, don't forget to peel it first :p. And then cut the sausages sideways, you can cut it think or thick. If the sausages are not enough to cover the surface, add more sausages. Tips : don't overboil the noodles, or it will be too soft, and when it is sauted it will break easily.
  2. After the noodles are done, drain it completely. Prepare the margarine for sauteing. Saute the garlic first until you can smell the flavor, and then the onions until they change color. When the onions and garlic are ready, put in the noodles along with the carrots. Saute them for a little while. If they form a crust on the pan, it's ok don't be panic, then it's time to stop sauteing.
  3. Take half of the sauted noodles and put evenly on the baking plate. And then followed by the grated cheddar cheese, spread evenly. And then the cut sausages, also spread evenly. And last, spread the rest of the noodles evenly on the top.
  4. Mix the milk with the eggs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Pour it on the plate evenly (you should start from the sides first, then continued pouring to the middle part).
  5. Lastly, spread more cheddar cheese on top evenly (just a little bit) and topped with the mozzarelas (better lots of it). Sprinkle some dried oregano for the flavor.
  6. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes at 150C
The reason why I didn't saute the garlic together with the onions is that I want to make the schotel smells a lot tempting. Garlic always takes a big role at most dishes to give the nice flavor and tempting aroma.



And so, my foodlovers friends, I had Noodles Schotel for my breakfast. Add the perfectness with the splash of tomato sauce.... Mmmm I love tomato sauce yummmm... :D

0 comments:

It's all about FOOD, RECIPES, and LIFE STYLE!!   © 2009. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP